John Paul II Academy is committed to offering an educational program that prepares students for life. We welcome students of all backgrounds and interests, because we recognize that a diverse student body adds richness to the educational experience. John Paul II Academy admits students of any race, color, national/ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to our students.
Registration for students attending John Paul II Academy, as well as for new families, begins in January and continues throughout the spring. Children entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or before September 30, 2012.
REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS NEW TO THE SCHOOL:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM when school is in session.
Please call 216-581-3080 for an appointment.
- In conformity with the State of Ohio Standards, a child must be five years old by September 30 to enter the kindergarten and six years old by September 30 to enter first grade.
- Students entering Kindergarten are screened through our Early Prevention of School Failure Assessment.
- The following documents are required for registration:
- A completed registration form
- Immunization/health records
- Most recent report card
- Baptismal Certificate (if applicale)
- Discipline record (if none is available, then a letter from the school principal is required)
- Copy of IEP (if applicable)
- Ohio Achievement Assessment data (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50
Ohio EdChoice Scholarship Program Registration
John Paul II Academy accepts eligible students for enrollment through the EdChoice Scholarship Program. Open enrollment for the EdChoice application process begins on February 1, 2012 and closes at John Paul II on April 13, 2012.
Downloadable documents for registration and further information on the program can be found on the EdChoice Web site, (click here).
Since the EdChoice program may become a lottery program for scholarships, the EdChoice office recommends that you complete an Income Verification Form and submit it to their office by the listed due date.